Joint Camp & Ride with CO BMWR in Chama - July 4, 2019

An eating club with a riding problem

Re: Joint Camp & Ride with CO BMWR in Chama - July 4, 2019

Postby SandyBallard » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:53 am

The joint camp & ride with the Colorado BMW club is this week! The Colorado folks have reserved a couple of tent campsites at the Rio Chama RV Park which is located just north of the train station in downtown Chama. The Colorado gang will be there from July 3rd through the 7th and we are welcome to join them. We can only tent camp, no RVs. The contact for this trip is Carl Thomte, RCarloski@msn.com, 303-753-6652.
Happy 4th of July!
Sandy
activities@loebmwr.org
SandyBallard
Advanced Intermediate Poster

Joint Camp & Ride with CO BMWR in Chama - July 4, 2019

Postby SandyBallard » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:06 pm

We will join the Colorado BMW Riders club for a joint Camp & Ride in Chama NM on the 4th of July, 2019. Those guys have been camping at the Rio Chama RV Park over the 4th for several years and my contact, Carl Thompte (RCarloski@msn.com) from the COBMWR club tells me they always have a rockin' good time. The RV Park, http://www.riochamarv.com, has a large, shady, tent camping area right on the banks of the Rio Chama that looks to be quite nice. It is located just at the north end of town, within walking distance of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad Station and lots of bars and restaurants. Exact dates of the Ride, and additional details about the camping arrangements will be forthcoming as the date of the event approaches. Many thanks to Dave Hudson, our illustrious President Emeritus, for initiating the conversation with the BMW Riders club to the north about this event.

Here are a few photos that Carl sent me from previous visits to Chama:
Chama 2017 010.jpg
Chama 2017 011.jpg
Chama 2018 001.jpg
Chama 2017 014.jpg

Cheers,
Sandy
activities@loebmwr.org
SandyBallard

Return to Scheduled Rides, Meetings & Events