2021 Ice Cream Ride to Glenwood, NM - May 7-9

An eating club with a riding problem

Re: 2021 Ice Cream Ride to Glenwood, NM - May 7-9

Postby RJMirabal » Wed May 12, 2021 3:35 pm

8)

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

We all had a great time socially up close, faces showning, with dirty hands (kidding about that last part)! :lol: Glad this gang showed up but we would have liked to have seen you if you didn't make it. Next year, lets' all go! We're already talking about upping the game for next year's Ice Cream Ride. Stay tuned.

:roll: :wink:
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby JAS » Wed May 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Here's a few photos from the Glenwood ride.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DfDR7vyd4kTAL1ZF6
JAS
Advanced Intermediate Poster
Advanced Intermediate Poster

Postby RJMirabal » Thu May 06, 2021 11:00 am

8)

Jeff and I will be traveling together. We haven't set a specific time, but right now maybe around 9:20 or a little later and possibly at the parking lot of Rudy's Barbeque on Carlisle just north of I-40. Check here soon for confirmed place and time if you want to join us. We'll take the south route down to Socorro and then west, probably lunch at Datil and then you can either go south to Reserve or continue west to Quemado before heading south. Jeff is baggin fire stations in Socorro, Pie Town, and Luna.
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby Chato » Wed May 05, 2021 11:35 am

Just wondering if anyone wants to ride together down to glenwood friday? I'd like to hit the fire stations after socorro (including "not" pie town). I'll be coming down from santa fe so have no idea where a good spot to meet is.

Jeff
Chato
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby RJMirabal » Tue May 04, 2021 3:44 am

8)

Don't know if there are any people going down that want to ride together to Glenwood Friday morning, maybe get lunch somewhere along the way... If you want to keep tabs on me and my Miata loaded with food (Friday Night Dinner), I'll probably be ready to leave Abq by 9 am or anytime after that.

So if there are some interested or those who have already organized something and wouldn't mind having others join them to "carvan" down to Glenwood by Friday mid-morning, just post the time and meeting place here.

See you all soon. Be sure you've RSVPed (Tuesday noon, May 4th) so we'll have enough food for Friday Night Dinner. :roll: :wink:
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby RJMirabal » Mon May 03, 2021 11:19 am

8)

ATTENDANCE UPDATE: In addition to the people listed above (Terry only counts as one person, not two!), we have some additional people who are confirmed through their RSVPs: Tom, Jeff, and Jake. We now have a corrected total of 26 people. You have until Tuesday, NOON, May 4th to let me know for an acturate count for the Friday Night Dinner. Any late comers will need to hold back until all the confirmed people have gone through the line. Please let me know!! For those with more than a "Plus One" guest, I'll post the dinner cost per person by Wednesday. Thanks, RJ :roll: :wink:
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby RJMirabal » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:02 pm

8)

Updates. We may have a new member, Jay, joining us but he needs to find someone who can share their cabin. Contact me at Activities@loebmwr.org and I'll get you in contact with him.

As for RSVPs and the Friday Night Dinner, I now have the following members and guests who have confirmed they will be there: Sandy & Amy, Terry, Don, Mary Lou, Jay (if he finds a bed), Lynda and Art, Rod, Debbie +3, Dan & Kitty +1, Jim, Fred, Larry, Bill, Terry & Kathy, Jan +1. That's 24 people so far. If you're going, let me know by Tuesday, May 4th Thanks, RJ :roll: :wink:
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby LyndaG » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:30 am

Art and I will be camping again at the campground. -Lynda Garcia
LyndaG
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby RJMirabal » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:01 pm

8)

UPDATE: RJ here on a personal note. My extra queen size bed in my cabin is now taken! Please post here if you are looking for someone else with a vacant bed they might share with you. Camping is allowed but please call Los Olmos, (575) 539-2224, for details and guidelines. :roll: :wink:
Last edited by RJMirabal on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby LOEBMWR Admin » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:05 pm

Friday Dinner

The club will be providing paid, current club members with dinner Friday night. For that reason we need all club members to RSVP by CLICKING THIS LINK to verify they're membership is current and they are attending this event. The link will take you to our iVolunteer application.

ANOTHER UPDATE - the Alma Grill won't be open at dinnertime on Saturday (a relative of the owner is going to a wedding), so folks will have to rustle up their own grub for that evening. Options are to get takeout from Alma at lunchtime or buy something from the store to warm up in the microwave.
LOEBMWR Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Terry Rowley » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:27 pm

FYI - I checked the Los Olmos website and they are now completely booked for this weekend.

An option is to pitch a tent on their property...last time someone did that they didn't charge us anything. There is also the Gila National Forest Bighorn Campground about 1/2 mile down the road. There is no fee for the campground, they have a vault toilet but no water.

The gas station across the street from the Los Olmos has food, drinks (no adult beverages, at least not last year when we were there), and other assorted supplies as well as regular and premium gasoline at reasonable prices.
Life can be more exciting when viewed at different angles...
Terry Rowley
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Postby RJMirabal » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:46 am

8)

UPDATE AS OF APRIL 7TH: We will have Rudy's Barbeque dinners for Friday night courtesy of the club for a member "plus" one. Additional guests will involve an addition fee (see this announcement for amount soon). . :lol:

RSVP BY MAY 4TH! below so we can get a count of how many dinners we'll need. As for adult beverages, it's BYOB. Great riding on pavement and dirt will be provided courtesy of the States of New Mexico and Arizona. :roll: :wink:
Last edited by RJMirabal on Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby RJMirabal » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:42 pm

8)

Thanks for asking, Larry. More details will follow in the coming weeks. We feel fairly confident that conditions (right now Catron County is turquoise! :P) will permit this event to take place. We'll fill everyone in on what's happening. For sure, there will be excellent riding and great kicking lies and telling tires! :lol:

We will have a Rudy's Barbeque group dinner Friday night. See additional information in post below. Please let me (RJ, email: Activities@loebmwr.org) know about additional non-members who want a dinner for Friday so I can order enough for everyone attending. If vegetarian dinner is needed, please let me know. If you show up out of the blue, we'll see what's available after everyone else is served.

Saturday night dinner is on your own (nearby Alma Grill is open until 3 pm and the Glenwood store has some groceries, etc.). Stay tuned.... :roll: :wink:
Last edited by RJMirabal on Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Postby lmounger » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Any new details to share yet on activities like Fri and Sat night meals or who is coordinating same? I guess the question should go to the Activities Director.
lmounger
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Postby Terry Rowley » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:49 am

I've got my room booked too, still working on the details if I'll head up Thursday or Friday.

Do we know if Eddy will serve us dinner Saturday night?
Life can be more exciting when viewed at different angles...
Terry Rowley
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Next

Return to Scheduled Rides, Meetings & Events