Hello from Kathleen Hawkos

Views, clues, news and other bruhaha

Hello from Kathleen Hawkos

Postby RJMirabal » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 pm

8)

Some of you may recall former club members, Kathleen and John Hawkos. The following is an update mainly about Kathleen and her recovery from some serious leg surgery. They currently live in Silver City:

"I just wanted to provide a left femur update. My leg has been 'fixed' pretty well. In October of 2017, I had, hopefully, my final surgery where the antibiotic spacers were removed, and a shiny new uninfected knee was installed.
In March, my surgeon said I was doing well, and that I should get back on my mountain bike (we live in ideal place for biking and cycling, almost 3 miles of dirt/gravel on the way to pavement). He also advised me NOT to sell the F800GS, much to my husband's chagrin.
In June, after seeing how well I was riding, John purchased a brand new 2018 Yamaha XT250 for me!!! It's a little difficult to bend the left knee enough, but that doesn't deter me.
It weighs 291lbs wet. Sure, it's got a little less power when compared to the F800GS, but it's perfect for me at this point in time! I sure miss you guys, and I still miss the F800GS a little, however I can barely push it around... need to continue increasing strength."

:roll: :wink:
RJ Mirabal
RJMirabal
Master Poster
Master Poster

Return to General Commentary