The 30th Annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally
September 5th, 6th, and 7th, 2014
The Land of Enchantment BMW Riders invite you to attend the 2014 annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally, one of the finest BMW and all-brand motorcycle rallies in the West. The Rally is held at the Sipapu Ski & Sumer Resort in the northern New Mexico mountains of the Carson National Forest which offers beautiful views and awesome roads for riding!
We will have even more scheduled events on our Program for 2014. Registration will open in May.
Never been to Sipapu Lodge? Check out this map to find your way there and explore the area: Sipapu Map
The Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort is located about 25 miles southeast of Taos on NM 518. Our rally officially begins on Friday morning and ends first thing Sunday.
- Dorm room bunks are also available free of charge on Friday and Saturday night for those that are willing to volunteer at least four hours. If you arrive earlier in the week or stay later you are required to pay a fee in the Sipapu store.
- The Sipapu ski area offers motel type accommodations for the rally that are usually booked by June. However, cancellations do occur and a call to the lodge is recommended which can be reached at 1-800-587-2240. We will be working with lodges in Taos for Rally Attendee discounts.
Your rally fee entitles you to:
Also available on site at Sipapu:
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate always available in the lodge
- Superb camping sites on-site
- Door prizes
- Onsite Vendors
- Green Chili Friday night snack
- Saturday night dinner
- Bands on Friday and Saturday night
- A café and grill featuring tasty sandwiches and New Mexican cooking.
- A convenience store selling gasoline, beverages, and a limited food selection.
- Other restaurants and stores are located in the nearby towns of Taos, Mora, and Penasco.
Yes, there are lots of reasons for attending, but perhaps the best reason of all is the people. Begin planning for a great weekend with your kind of people - motorcyclists!