Annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally
September 6th, 7th, and 8th, 2013
Looks like a SPECIAL Treat is shaping up for the Rally but you gotta show up to find out what it's all about. If you have time to peruse our Rally portion of the Website, you can find out what the special treat is :)
The Land of Enchantment BMW Riders invite you to attend the 2013 annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally, one of the finest BMW and all-brand motorcycle rallies in the West. The Rally is held at the Sipapu Ski & Sumer Resort in the northern New Mexico mountains of the Carson National Forest which offers beautiful views and awesome roads for riding!
Never been to Sipapu Lodge? Check out this map to find your way there and explore the area: Sipapu Map
If you haven't already registered in advance (as of August 21st) you must register on-site when you arrive at the rally. A wristband will be issued to all rally attendees and visitors, so pleas check in at the registration tables inside the lodge (follow the signs).
On-site registration will be $55 for adults and $30 for children (4-15 years old). Children under age 4 are free.
UPGRADED FEATURES OF THE 2013 RALLY! See our other rally pages for complete info:
- For the first time, we are offering a shuttle service between Taos and Sipapu for those staying in Taos. There will be a limit of 15 seats available on the shuttle. See "Taos Shuttle" for details.
- Fees (registration, t-shirts, etc.) can be paid on-site with MasterCard, Visa, and Discover credit cards.
- Two great Poker Runs: pavement and dirt.
- New tech sessions/seminars never before offered.
- Santa Fe Brewing Company will sponsor a beer tasting event Friday afternoon.
- More vendors will be on site to lighten your wallets. See our tentative list.
- See details about returning (SMARTrainer simulator, etc.) and other events of the rally.
The Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort is located about 25 miles southeast of Taos on NM 518. Our rally officially begins on Friday morning and ends first thing Sunday.
- Superb camping sites are available free on-site.
- Dorm room bunks are also available free of charge on a first come, first served basis for Friday and Saturday night. If you arrive earlier in the week or stay later you are required to pay a fee in the Sipapu store.
- The Sipapu ski area offers motel type accommodations for the rally that are usually booked by June. However, cancellations do occur and a call to the lodge is recommended which can be reached at 1-800-587-2240.
Your rally fee entitles you to:
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate always available in the lodge.
- Other great events and perks: see the "Events" page!
Also available on site:
- A café and grill featuring tasty sandwiches and New Mexican cooking.
- A convenience store selling gasoline, beverages, and a limited food selection.
- Other restaurants and stores are located in the nearby towns of Taos, Mora, and Penasco.
Yes, there are lots of reasons for attending, but perhaps the best reason of all is the people. Begin planning for a great weekend with your kind of people - motorcyclists!