The 30th Annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally
September 5th, 6th, and 7th, 2014
Pre-registration will open May 1, 2014, closing August 22, 2014
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EARLY PRE-REGISTRATION TO ENSURE YOU RECEIVE YOUR 2014 RALLY PIN (a limited amount will be ordered)
The Land of Enchantment BMW Riders invite you to attend the 2014 annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally, one of the finest BMW and all-brand motorcycle rallies in the West. The Rally is held at the Sipapu Ski & Sumer Resort in the northern New Mexico mountains of the Carson National Forest which offers beautiful views and awesome roads for riding!
Check out this great article about our Rally as published in the BMW ON Magazine.
We will have even more scheduled events on our Program for 2014.
Never been to Sipapu Lodge? Check out this map to find your way there and explore the area: Sipapu Map
The Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort is located about 25 miles southeast of Taos on NM 518. Our rally officially begins on Friday morning and ends first thing Sunday.
- CHANGE: Dorm room bunks are available free of charge on Friday and Saturday night for those that are willing to volunteer to work during the Rally at least four hours (can be split up over multiple days). Contact: Rally@loebmwr.org to reserve your bed. If you arrive earlier in the week or stay later you are required to pay a fee in the Sipapu store.
- The Sipapu ski area offers motel type accommodations for the rally that are usually booked by June. However, cancellations do occur and a call to the lodge is recommended which can be reached at 1-800-587-2240. A discount has been negotiated at the Sagebrush Inn in Taos (http://www.sagebrushinn.com/) for our Rally if a minimum of ten reserve a room. Questions - email@example.com.
- To show our appreciation for those that attend the Rally that are <= 30 or >= 70 years of age, you will receive a $5 gift certificate upon proof of age at Registration. This $5 Gift Certificate can be redeemed at our Rally Store.
Your rally fee entitles you to:
Also available on site at Sipapu:
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the lodge
- Superb on-site camping
- Door prizes
- Onsite Vendors
- Green Chili Friday night snack
- Saturday night dinner
- Bands on Friday and Saturday night
- Barn Fire on Sat. night (maybe Fri. night also)
- A café and grill featuring tasty sandwiches and New Mexican cooking.
- A convenience store selling gasoline, beverages, and a limited food selection.
- Other restaurants and stores are located in the nearby towns of Taos, Mora, and Penasco.
Yes, there are lots of reasons for attending, but perhaps the best reason of all is the people. Begin planning for a great weekend with your kind of people - motorcyclists!