The Land of Enchantment BMW Riders invite you to attend the 2015 annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally, one of the finest BMW and all-brand motorcycle rallies in the West. The Rally is held at the Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort in the northern New Mexico mountains of the Carson National Forest which offers beautiful views and awesome roads for riding!
Check out this great article about our Rally as published in the BMW ON Magazine.
We will have even more scheduled events on our Program for 2015. This year, we are featuring a German theme in the logo design for t-shirts as well as a special German dinner, Saturday night. Check out our Tentative Agenda to see our current plans (note, this subject to change, updates will be posted as our plans firm up).
Never been to Sipapu Lodge? Check out this map to find your way there and explore the area: Sipapu Map
The Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort is located about 25 miles southeast of Taos on NM 518. Our rally officially begins on Friday morning and ends first thing Sunday.
Rally attendees who volunteer to work a shift will be given the option of staying in the dorm rooms on the third floor of the lodge. Email Rally@LOEBMWR.org for details about volunteering to work a few hours during the event. Lots of spots are available for lots of different jobs and at various times throughout the weekend.
FLEA MARKET - everyone is welcome to bring one or two things to sell "flea market" style. Vendors who bring several items for sale are requested to donate a door prize or gift certificate for our Saturday night party. Email Rally@LOEBMWR.org for more information.
Your rally registration fee entitles you to:
Also available on site at Sipapu:
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the lodge
- Superb on-site camping
- Door prizes along with grand prizes awarded Saturday night
- New! Special silent auction for Utah Adventure Ride by Great Southwest Moto Adventures
- Onsite Vendors, including Roadgear and Accessory Pit
- Green Chili Friday night snack
- New! German cuisine prepared by authentic German chef for Saturday night dinner
- The ever popular Watermelon Mountain Jug Band performs on Friday night
- New band, AOR, performs on Saturday night. Check out their videos (posted under their previous name, Electric Edric)
- Bon Fire on Sat. night (maybe Fri. night also)
- Beer tasting Saturday afternoon (tentative)
- New Tech sessions as well as new topics from rally favorites, Paul and Voni Glaves and Matt Parkhouse
- Rally pins to first 300 registrants
- A café and grill featuring tasty sandwiches and New Mexican cooking.
- A convenience store selling gasoline, beverages, and a limited food selection.
- Other restaurants and stores are located in the nearby towns of Taos, Mora, and Penasco.
- If lodging is full at Sipapu, check out Taos lodging and Sagebrush Inn (ask for possible rally rates)
Yes, there are lots of reasons for attending, but perhaps the best reason of all is the people. Begin planning for a great weekend with your kind of people - motorcyclists!