The Land of Enchantment BMW Riders invite you to attend the 2016 annual Bavarian Mountain Weekend Rally, one of the finest BMW and all-brand motorcycle rallies in the West. The Rally is held at the Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort in the northern New Mexico mountains of the Carson National Forest which offers beautiful views and awesome roads for riding!
Check out this great article about our Rally as published in the BMW ON Magazine.
We are planning lots of scheduled events for 2016. We will have a special German dinner Saturday night this year.
Never been to Sipapu Lodge? Check out this map to find your way there and explore the area: Sipapu Map
The Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort is located about 25 miles southeast of Taos on NM 518. Our rally officially begins on Friday morning and ends first thing Sunday.
Rally attendees who volunteer to work a shift will be given the option of staying in the dorm rooms on the third floor of the lodge, details at a later date
FLEA MARKET - everyone is welcome to bring one or two things to sell "flea market" style.
Your rally registration fee entitles you to:
Also available on site at Sipapu:
- Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the lodge
- Superb on-site camping
- Door prizes along with grand prizes awarded Saturday night
- Onsite Vendors
- Green Chili Friday night snack
- German cuisine prepared by authentic German chef for Saturday night dinner
- Musical entertainment
- Bon Fire on Sat. night (maybe Fri. night also)
- Tech sessions
- A café and grill featuring tasty sandwiches and New Mexican cooking.
- A convenience store selling gasoline, beverages, and a limited food selection.
- Other restaurants and stores are located in the nearby towns of Taos, Mora, and Penasco.
- If lodging is full at Sipapu, check out Taos lodging and Sagebrush Inn
Yes, there are lots of reasons for attending, but perhaps the best reason of all is the people. Begin planning for a great weekend with your kind of people - motorcyclists!